Belgian professional footballer Adnan Januzaj plays as a winger for Real Sociedad and the Belgium national team. Born and raised in Brussels, he began his career with Anderlecht at the age of 16 before joining Manchester United in 2011. Januzaj broke into Manchester United’s first-team under David Moyes during the 2013–14 season but struggled under Louis van Gaal and José Mourinho.Before joining Real Sociedad in July 2017, he spent time on loan at Borussia Dortmund and Sunderland. Januzaj made his full international debut in 2014 and went on to play for Belgium at the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups, reaching the semi-finals during the latter tournament.
Adnan Januzaj Wiki/Bio
|27 (as in 2022) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
|5 February 1995
• Albanian (Kosovo)
|Watching Movies, Horse Riding
|Tulisa Contostavlos (Ex.)Adnan Januzaj With His Ex Girlfriend
Marital Status, Wife and Children
|• 2017: Real Sociedad
• 2016: Sunderland A F C.
• 2015: Borussia Dortmund
• 2013: Manchester United F.C.
|• May 13, 2014: Belgium national football team
|• 11 (Real Sociedad)
• – (Belgium national football team)
|• Real Sociedad
• Belgium national football team
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
|in centimeters- 186 cm
in meters- 1.86 m
in feet inches- 6’1”
|in kilograms- 76 kg
in pounds- 168 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity
|Favorite Playing Position
|Favorite Cell Phone/Brand
“news4buffalo presents the Full Story of Adnan, a football genius better known by his nickname, “Adnando.”We have provided you with a detailed account of Adnan Januzaj’s life story from his earliest years up to the present. The analysis of the Belgian professional footballer includes his life story before fame, family background, relationship life, and many other off-the-field (rarely known) facts about him.He rose to fame as a footballer early in his career, yes. Only a few people take the time to read Adnan Januzaj’s biography, which is quite interesting. Without further ado, let’s get started.To begin with, Januzaj comes from a Kosovar-Albanian family. Armando Broja’s father is of Albanian descent, while his mother, Ganimete Sadikaj, is a Kosovo native.By implication, this means that Januzaj is Turkish and Serbian. According to his family history, his grandfather is Turkish and his grandmother is Serbian.In 1992, Januzaj’s father, a military officer, fled the Balkan crisis to escape the poverty and persecution suffered by other members of his family. Adnan Januzaj’s dad Abedin fled to Belgium to avoid conscription into the Yugoslav People’s Army during the war in Bosnia.Abedin filed for Kosovo while members of his close-knit family fought for the country’s independence against the Serbs. In the mid-90s, Adnan Januzaj’s parents met and fell in love in Belgium, where he was born.Adnan Januzaj was born in Brussels, Belgium on the 5th of February 1995, to Ganimete Sadikaj (a millionaire businesswoman) and Abedin Januzaj (a former military officer). Januzar’s father, Abedin, is said to have been the biggest influence on the discovery and development of his football talent, which took a meteoric rise.Adnan Januzaj became a member of his local youth team after discovering his love for football. When Januzaj was just ten years old, he was enrolled at the Anderlecht academy.His father would inform Adnan if he played a poor match back then. It was common for Adnan to have tears in his eyes sometimes, despite being tough at times. Still, he had an inkling that his father knew what he was doing. The lessons he taught his son were important for his development.While Adnan played at the academy, he also attended school, and both his soccer career and academics were considered options by his parents. Finally, that fateful day came, the day when Manchester United scouts visited Belgium looking for talented young players. They all lined up looking seriously at every kid that played football.The scouts spotted Januzaj after he performed tricks at a skills school. The scouts were intrigued by Januzar’s direct style and willingness to dribble past his friends as if it were second nature. They already knew he was from Anderlecht academy.Manchester United scouts continued to monitor his progress until he was 16. In order to prevent the English club from taking their starlet, the Anderlecht academy wanted to place him under a contract at the age of 16, but the act was forbidden for a 16-year-old player.The academy lost him at that age to Manchester United, who bought Januzaj for $300,000. Adnan Januzaj lived with his mum and dad in a gated apartment block in one of Manchester’s smarter neighborhoods at the time, where United allegedly paid another €200,000 to the Januzaj family. Everything else is now history, so to speak.Adnan Januzaj, who stands at 6 feet 1, is undoubtedly a handsome dude on any lady’s wish list. In terms of his personal life, Januzaj has been in a relationship with Tulisa Contostavlos since 2013.Tulisa is a musician and singer who has appeared as a judge on the X-Factor. She is 6 years older than Januzaj and dated Queens Park Rangers defender Danny Simpson in the past.Melissa McKenzie and Januzaj met on a blind date in 2014. During the first date, he spent just £18 on spicy chicken at Adnando. After he was published in the media for his bizarre £18 dinner, Melissa left him.James Collins, a little Manchester United fan, once refused to wear his new kit after his favorite player, Januzaj, changed his squad number. James, who was eight years old at the time, feared he would be teased after L Januzaj changed his number from 44 to 11.After it was revealed the new kit would be out after a month, he was not able to purchase it. Finally, he saved up his birthday money to purchase it. Adnan Lanuzar’s father was the eldest of six children born to the Januzaj family’s earlier generation.Abedin was expected to provide for his family after his father Idriz (Adnan Januzar’s grandfather), a textile factory worker, became ill with cancer.As a result of hardships and a desperate quest to survive, Abedin had no choice but to join the Serb-dominated Yugoslav Army to fight in Bosnia. Abdin, however, defected and fled to Belgium in 1992, where he later met his future wife (Adnan Januzaj’s mother), whose story is outlined below.In the course of the Kosovo War, Januzar’s uncles Januz and Shemsedin, as well as his aunt Lavi, were bona fide members of the Kosovo Liberation Army. One thing was noticeable among the Januzaj family. Asides from brave men, they also had brave women.Uncle Januz, on the other hand, had previously served 15 years in prison for participating in a protest for Albanian rights in the area of Yugoslavia that is now Kosovo. Later, Adnan’s mother’s family moved to Belgium, where his grandfather, Alija, set up a business there. She met Abedin her husband in Belgium thanks to Destiny.His name “lanuzaj” has a silent J. His name is said to have different pronunciations.
Over the years, it is pronounced as follows; Janussaj, Janussigh, Yanoossajh, and Van-You-Sigh. Geoff Sm-eeves, Sky Sports’ very own commentator, is very much aware of this last point.As a testament to the importance of the Lanuzaj family in Kosovo, there is a hamlet called The Hamlet of Lanuzaj outside the town of Istog. Adnan Januzars’ family has roots in Kosovo. Kosovo, however, is not recognized by FIFA. Adnan Lanuzaj’s parents are ethnically Albanian.New Balance announced in 2014 that they would be taking over Warrior Sports and making their own football boots. They recruited many professional footballers, including Januzaj, who also appeared in an advertisement promoting the new line.Antoine Griezmann Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Adnan Januzaj Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?In June 2017 the right-winger signed a contract with Real Sociedad that nets him a whopping salary of 2.4 million euros (1.9 million pounds) per year. We have crunched the numbers, this means he earns €6,575 (£5,718) per day and €274 (£238) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|2.4 million euros (1.9 million pounds)
|Per Month Salary
|Per Week Salary
|Per Day Salary
|Per Hour Salary
|Per Minute Salary
|With Real Sociedad
|Jul 12, 2017
|Jun 30, 2022
|Contract Signing Amount
|Highest Market Value
|$16.50 Million (Jul 16, 2018)
When he was a teenager, the Belgian wunderkind broke into Manchester United’s first team. The trajectory of his career never saw him reach great heights, but nonetheless, AJ carved out a decent career in football. His net worth is estimated to be $8 million and his market value is $13.20 million.
Adnan Januzaj in FIFA 2022
Adnan Januzaj Rating is 81. His potential is 81 and his position is RW. He is 26 years old from Belgium and playing for Real Sociedad in the Spain Primera División (1). Adnan Januzaj FIFA 22 has 4 Skill moves and 4 Weak Feet, he is Left-footed and his workrates are Med/Low. He does have a real face in-game.Currently, Adnan Januzaj is playing with the number 11. His best stats are:
- Dribbling: 86
- Agility: 84
- Acceleration: 83
- Short Pass: 82
- Ball Control: 81
- In 2005, Januzaj joined Anderlecht at the age of 10, after beginning his career with FC Brussels.
- In March 2011, at the age of 16, he left Anderlecht for Manchester United after impressing in a skills session in Brussels.
- Towards the end of the 2012–13 season, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson promoted Januzaj to the first team and he was registered with the number 44 jersey; he did not feature in the remainder of the season, but he was an unused substitute in the final game of the season away to West Bromwich Albion.
- Januzaj won the 2013 Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year award for his performances during the season.
- During the 2013–14 pre-season tour of Asia, he was named to the first-team squad and scored after being substituted five minutes into the game against Hong Kong side Kitchee.
- In Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial, Januzaj provided the assist for United’s only goal, despite United losing 3–1 to Sevilla.
- Januzaj made his competitive debut for Manchester United against Wigan Athletic on 11 August 2013 in the Community Shield, replacing Robin van Persie with six minutes left to play.
- In a 2–0 home win against Crystal Palace on 14 September, he came on as a 68th-minute substitute for Ashley Young.
- On 5 October 2013, Januzaj scored twice as United came from behind to win 2–1 away to Sunderland in his first start for the club.
- Januzaj signed a new five-year contract with Manchester United on 19 October 2013 in order to stave off interest from other clubs who could have signed him for “minimal compensation” at the end of his current contract in June 2014.
- He was nominated for the BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year on 3 December 2013; at the time of his nomination, he had played ten games for Manchester United.
- In September 2013, Januzaj was left out of Manchester United’s initial squad for the UEFA Champions League, which surprised some members of the media after his impressive start to the season.
- Manager David Moyes later explained this was a tactical decision to allow the club to register an additional player for the competition; as Januzaj had not been with the club long enough to be eligible for the ‘List B’ squad, which for 2013–14 included any player born after 1 January 1992 who had been eligible to play for the club for at least two years, he would have had to be registered as one of only 25 ‘List A’ players, taking up a space that could have been used by another player.
- Having waited until 7 October 2013 to register Januzaj, he became eligible to play as a List B player, but as a result, he could not be selected for the club’s first two matches in the competition, at home to Bayer Leverkusen and on the road to Shakhtar Donetsk.
- In spite of being available for the third match of the tournament, at home against Real Sociedad, Januzaj was left out of both matches against the Spanish club and the following match against Bayer Leverkusen.
- It was at home to Shakhtar Donetsk on 10 December 2013 that he made his Champions League debut.
- Towards the end of the first half of the 2013–14 season, Umar Januzaj developed a reputation for diving, starting with his yellow card for a “clear dive” right after he made his full debut against Sunderland in October 2013.
- It was against West Ham United in December 2013 that he received another booking for simulation. This time, however, West Ham defender James Collins did not offer a challenge.
- The third yellow card – and the one which made him joint-second most booked player in the Premier League since sanctions for diving were introduced in 2008 – was shown against Tottenham Hotspur on 1 January 2014, and it was by far the most controversial of the three.
- Despite Januzaj going to the ground “easily” under a challenge from Tottenham defender Danny Rose, others are of the opinion that Rose did not even try to win the ball and that Januzaj should not have been booked as a consequence.
- David Moyes has admitted to speaking to Januzaj about simulation, but he has repeatedly requested that match officials safeguard the winger from overzealous tackling by opposing defenders.
- In the start of the 2014–15 season, Januzaj was assigned the number 11 shirt, which had previously been worn by the recently retired Ryan Giggs.
- In United’s opening Premier League game of the new season, a 1–2 loss to Swansea City at home, he made his first appearance of the season as a substitute.
- He made his first start of the season in a 2–2 draw with West Bromwich Albion on 20 October 2014, in which he found it difficult to cope with physical defenders Sébastien Pocognoli and Joleon Lescott.
- As a result of not scoring in any competitions the previous season, and not being selected for the newly-launched campaign, Januzaj scored his first goal for over a year on 14 August 2015, a close-range strike that gave United victory at Aston Villa in the 29th minute.
- Upon his return from loan, he made his first appearance against Southampton on 23 January 2016, when he came on as a late substitute to replace Cameron Borthwick-Jackson.
Loan to Borussia Dortmund
On the 31st of August 2015, Januzaj was loaned to the German club Borussia Dortmund on a season-long deal. On 6 January 2016, he was recalled to United after only playing in 12 games for Dortmund in the first half of the season, starting three of them.
Loan to Sunderland
- As of August 12, 2016, Januzaj agreed to join Sunderland on a season-long loan deal from Manchester United, joining up with former Manchester United manager David Moyes.
- On the following weekend, on the opening weekend of the Premier League season, Adnan Januzaj made his debut against Manchester City, coming off the bench in a 2-1 loss.
- With a late goal against Shrewsbury Town in his third game for Sunderland, Januzaj scored his first goal for the team. Januzaj was sent off for two yellow cards on 18 September in a 1–0 loss at Tottenham.
- Six days later, he suffered an ankle injury that ruled him out for at least six weeks during the 3–2 defeat to Crystal Palace.
- In December, Moyes said that despite Januzaj’s talent, he needed to improve his performances at Sunderland if he wanted to break into Manchester United’s squad.
Ally love Net Worth, Early Life, Career, & Personal Life
After failing to maintain his place in Manchester United’s squad, Januzaj signed a five-year contract with Real Sociedad in July 2017. He made his debut in La Liga on 10 September, starting in a 4–2 win at Deportivo de La Coruña, and scored his first goal on 5 November in a 3–1 home victory against Basque neighbors SD Eibar.He also scored in a draw with UD Las Palmas and was one of three nominees for La Liga Player of the Month. He also scored a late equalizer against Atletico Madrid which proved vital to secure his team a European place.
- In 2013, the media reported that Januzaj was eligible to represent several national teams because of his Kosovan-Albanian parents and Turkish grandparents-Belgium (for being born there and having a Belgian passport), Albania (for having Albanian ancestry), Kosovo (which was not a FIFA member at that time and partly recognized as an independent state), as well as Serbia, Turkey, and Croatia.
- In this case, Adnan’s father, Abedin Januzaj, stated, “I am not closing the doors to Albania because we are Albanian, but they are closing the doors to themselves. I only deal with professionals on the issue,” and stated that Adnan would not represent Serbia, Turkey, or Croatia since “we have no connections with those countries.”.
- As recently as October 2013, England manager Roy Hodgson stated the Football Association was monitoring Januzaj with a view to calling him up if he became a British citizen (and passed the residency requirements of FIFA).
- Januzaj did not meet the requirements to represent England in accordance with the Home Nations agreement despite widespread press coverage.
- Under the Home Nations agreement, players are required to complete five years of education within the territory of the relevant association prior to the age of 18 to be eligible for the national team.
- Even though he played competitively for Belgium at the senior level, Januzaj remained eligible to represent Kosovo, as the country was not a UEFA or FIFA member when he made his Belgian debut.
- Having played with Belgium again after 2016 (the year Kosovo became a member of FIFA), Januzaj became ineligible to represent Kosovo and could only represent Belgium from then on.
- In June 2013, the former coach of the Belgian under-18 and under-19 teams, Marc Van Geersom, declared that Januzaj had refused a call-up to the Belgian team a number of times since he would prefer to play for Albania.
- Former coach Marc Wilmots attempted to select Januzaj for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying games against Croatia and Wales on 7 October 2013, but Januzaj declined the call-up, saying he still had to make a decision.
- In response to rumors that Januzaj would prefer to represent Belgium should he be selected for the 2014 FIFA World Cup squad, Wilmots stated: “The boy was born in Belgium. If he says he wants to represent Belgium – after that, there is no haggling. I’m not going to play that game. If you’re in Manchester or elsewhere, show me your skills, and if I need you, I will call you. I make no guarantees, to Januzaj or anyone else.”
- Adnan Januzaj’s father told Kosovar TV station KTV the following day that he did not like the Belgian federation’s approach: “I am not blackmailing them, they want my son. You have to be professional here. Belgium should follow the rules as well. I handle the legal aspects of Adnan’s career, and Belgium managers handle all the legal issues.”
- Wilmots announced Januzaj’s commitment to the Belgian national team on 23 April 2014. Januzaj’s manager Dirk De Vriese confirmed this message on the same day. The 23-man squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup included Januzaj on 13 May 2014.
- He played his first game with the national team two weeks later in a friendly against Luxembourg, but did not earn a cap; the match was deemed unofficial by FIFA on 4 June because Belgian coach Wilmots made 7 substitutions, while only six are allowed in international friendlies.
- After 73 minutes, he replaced Eden Hazard and made his debut in the next warm-up game, a 1–0 victory over Tunisia on 7 June.
- In November 2017, Januzaj was recalled to the Belgian squad for the first time in three years ahead of friendlies against Mexico and Japan, but did not feature.
- In June, he was named by Roberto Martínez to the 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- In the final group game against England in Kaliningrad, he scored the only goal as the Belgians advanced as group winners.
Virat Kohli Bio, Age, Height, Family, Net Worth, Stats, Centuries & Wiki
Facts About Adnan Januzaj
- His football career began early as he joined local club Brussels FC in 2001 at the age of six.
- As a 10-year-old, he joined Anderlecht, Belgium’s most successful club in European competitions.
- Januzaj spent six years at the club’s youth academy before joining Manchester United in 2011.
- While Adnan Januzaj was part of United’s first team in 2012-2013, he had to wait until 2013 to make his competitive debut, which came in the Community Shield against Wigan Athletic.
- In a 2-0 win against Crystal Palace, he made his premier league debut a month later.
- In the 2014 FIFA World Cup, his international debut was marred by controversy in a warm-up game against Tunisia.
- He announced his arrival with style when he got the chance to start for his team.
- After conceding a goal, Januzaj scored twice to help his team win 2-1 against Sunderland.
- Even though Adnan had only played 10 games for United, he was nominated for BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year 2013.
- The prodigy’s next two seasons were disappointing as he repeatedly fell short of expectations and became known for diving.
- Consequently, he was sent on a season-long loan to Dortmund. In early 2016, United called him back after he had played only 12 games for Dortmund.
- Januzaj decided to return to Sunderland in August 2016.
- Despite making 25 league appearances, he failed to score a single goal.
- Having failed to hold down his place in the United squad, Januzaj chose to leave the club in 2017.
- In the same year, he signed a five-year contract with the Spanish club Real Sociedad and made nine appearances for the club, scoring twice.
- In his short career, the 23 year old has been marred by controversies and has not been able to live up to his potential.
- However, he might be able to change things for the better at Real Sociedad. In the years to come, it will be interesting to see how the Belgian football sensation does at the FIFA World Cup.
Who does Januzaj play for?
- Real Sociedad
- Belgium national football team
Is Adnan Januzaj injured?Real Sociedad has confirmed that Belgium international Adnan Januzaj is facing an indefinite period on the sidelines due to a knee injury. The 22-year-old left Manchester United for the La Liga club in the summer in a bid to rebuild his career after falling out of favor at Old Trafford.What nationality is Adnan januzaj?Is Januzaj Albanian?He is the son of Kosovo-Albanian refugees. Januzaj was born in the Belgian capital Brussels.Timothy Castagne Biography, Age, Wife, Injury, Career, Net Worth & Wiki