Anand Gopal Mahindra is the Indian businessman and the chairperson of Mahindra & Mahindra Conglomerate. He is very popular amongst Twitter users for his sassy tweets. Today we will give you a sneak peek into the personal life of Mahindra.
Anand Mahindra Biography
Anand Gopal Mahindra was born on 1st May 1955 in Mumbai (Bombay). His father late Harish Mahindra and his Mother late Indira Mahindra was a leading Indian industrialist. He completed his early education from Lawrence Scholl Lovedale. He then studied filmmaking and architecture at Harvard University, where he graduated with a magna cum laude in 1977. After that, he completed his MBA at Harvard Business School in 1981. Radhika Nath and Anuja Sharma are Anand’s sisters. Anand married Anuradha, a journalist who later founded the magazine Verve. Currently, she is the editor of Verve and Man’s World.
Anand Mahindra Personal Details
|Name||Anand Gopal Mahindra|
|Birthdate||1st May 1955|
|Place of Birth||Mumbai|
|Parents||Mother- Indira Mahindra Father- Harish Mahindra|
|Salary/Earning||INR 8 Crore/ Year|
|Net Worth||USD 1.6 Billion|
|Best Known For||Mahindra & Mahindra|
|Favorite Brand||Ralphy Lauren, Tiffany|
|Car Collection||Scorpio, Bolero, XUV 700, Alturus G4|
|Fav Actor||Amitabh Bacchan, Junior NTR|
|Fav Actress||Deepika Padukone, Gul Panag|
Anand In His Mother’s Lap
Anand Mahindra Professional Details
- He joined Mahindra Ugine Steel Company Ltd (MUSCO) in 1981 as an Executive Assistant to the Finance Director.
- In 1989, he was appointed President and Deputy Managing Director of MUSCO. Mahindra Group’s diversification into real estate development and hospitality management was initiated by him. Anand joined Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. on 4 April 1991 as the Deputy Managing Director, a company that produces off-road vehicles and agricultural tractors in India.
- In April 1997, he was appointed as the Managing Director, and in 2001 as the Vice Chairman of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
- Anand took over the role of Chairman of the Board and Managing Director of the Mahindra Group from his uncle, Keshub Mahindra, in August 2012.
- In November 2016, he was re-designated as Executive Chairman of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd and continued to be the Chairman of Mahindra Group.
- Anand was a co-promoter of Kotak Mahindra Bank (formally known as Kotak Mahindra Finance Ltd.).
- He ceased to be a promoter in 2013 and remained on as a non-executive director today, the Mahindra Group is a US$19 billion organization and one of India’s top 10 industrial houses.
- Anand Mahindra has been dubbed the face of Indian capitalism by The Economist. Forbes India Magazine has named him the ‘Entrepreneur of the Year’ for 2013.
Anand Mahindra Awards and Accolades
- Rajiv Gandhi Award for outstanding contribution in the business field – 2004.
- Knight of the Order of Merit by the President of the French Republic – 2004
- Leadership Award – American India Foundation – 2005
- Business Leader Award for the year award – CNBC Asia – 2006
- Harvard Business School Alumni Achievement Award – 2008
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year India award – 2009
- Business India Businessman of the Year award – 2007
- Business Leader of the Year – The Asian Awards – 2011
- Global Leadership Award – US-India Business Council – 2012
- Best Transformational Leader Award – Asian Centre For Corporate Governance & Sustainability – 2012
- Entrepreneur for the Year – Forbes India Leadership Awards – 2013
- Sustainable Development Leadership Award – The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) – 2014
- Business Today CEO of the Year – 2014
- ‘Social Media Person of the Year’ by the Internet and Mobile Association of India – 2016
- ‘Disruptor Personality of the Year Award’ by Bloomberg TV India – 2016
- Harvard Medal – Harvard Alumni Association – 2014
- Chevalier de l’Ordre national la Légion d’Honneur – French Republic – 2016
- Top 30 CEOs worldwide – Barron’s List – 2016
|Height||175 cm/ 5 feet 7 inches|
Mahindra Family at Golden Temple
Anand Mahindra Lesser Known Facts
- Mahindra is very active on Twitter and he entertains his followers with his sassy tweets.
- Bill Gates founder of Microsoft is a classmate of Mahindra at Harvard University at 1973.
- Mahindra launched the iconic motorcycle brands Jawa & Yezdi under his company Classic Legends PVT Limited.
- He has two daughters Divya and Aalika.
- Anand promotes arts & culture and has established the Mahindra Excellence in Theater Awards and the Mahindra Sanatkada Lucknow Festival, an annual art exhibition and performing arts event in Lucknow
- Mahindra donated $10 million to support the Harvard Humanities Center and the center was renamed to Mahindra Humanities Center at Harvard to acknowledge his philanthropy
- To follow Mahindra on Twitter Click Here