Celesti Bairagey is an Indian social media influencer, model, and actor from Assam. She is known for being Indian actress Alia Bhatt‘s lookalike.
Celesti Bairagey was born on 12 March 1999 (age 23 years; as of 2022) in Assam. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She did her schooling at Delhi Public School in Assam. Celesti scored 86% in class 10th, and she did her class 12th with science stream and scored 81.7%. She pursued a master’s degree in English from the Central University of Rajasthan in Ajmer.
A teenage photo of Celesti
Height (approx.): 5′ 3″
Weight (approx.): 50 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 32-28-34
Celesti Bairagey belongs to an Assamese family.
Parents & Siblings
Her mother’s name is Meenakshi Baigarey. She has a younger brother named Mridutpol Bairagey.
Celesti with her mother and cousin sister, Joshita
Celesti’s brother, Mridutpol Bairagey
Social Media Influencer
In November 2020, when there was a lockdown due to COVID-19 restrictions, she created an Instagram account. From January 2021, she began making Instagram reels, and she reached 10k followers by March. Later, she started getting offers for promoting brands. She has 337k followers on Instagram and 25k subscribers on YouTube. Since May 2021, Madify Entertainment has been managing Celesti for all her advertising, music and film projects.
In 2021, Madify Entertainment revealed in an Instagram post that they will be managing Celesti
Actor (Music Videos)
On 22 September 2022, Celesti Bairagey starred in the music video of ‘Tumi Ruwa’ opposite, the singer of the song, Vicky Kalita. She featured in the 2021 song ‘Bhalpuwa Kinu Hoi’ of the film ‘Niveer Aru Tara.’ In December 2021, she was cast in the music video of the song ‘Protitu Pol 2.0.’ In the 2022 song ‘Dhon Keteki’ Celesti appeared in the music video with other female artists and all of them performed Bihu, which is the traditional dance form of Assam. She was featured in the music video of the song ‘Julie,’ which was released on 22 March 2022. She appeared in this music video for the Assamese song ‘Premore Behela’ sung by the duet, Wonder Sisters.
Poster of the Assamese song ‘Premore Behela’
Actor (Web Film)
Celesti acted in a short story, ‘Mur Minoti,’ alongside Rabbani Soyam released on 17 March 2022. She and Soyam wrote their own dialogues. In June 2021, Buddies Production company approached her for working in their Assamese web film ‘Niveer Aru Tara’ which was released on 20 April 2022. She played the role of Tara alongside the lead actor and director of the film, Rabbani Soyam. She also contributed to script writing for the film. The movie has gained more than 4 million views in two months.
Poster of the 2020 Assamese film ‘Niveer Aru Tara’
In 2022, it was announced that Celesti would appear in the new show on Star Plus produced by Mukta Dhond under the banner of Bits and Bots Media. She would be cast in a lead role opposite Rajveer Singh.
- Colour(s): Black, white, grey, pista green, lavender
- TV series: Friends, Pavitra Rishta
- Hobbies: Travelling, singing, sketching, learning new languages
- Celesti goes by the nickname ‘Cesh’ on social media, and her other nicknames are Shraddha and Tara.
- Her dream job is to become a professor.
- One of her bad habits is procrastination.
- One quality that she likes about herself is that she is good at making friends.
- She can speak and understand Assamese, English, Hindi, and a little bit of Tamil. She understands Telugu.
- Her favourite quote is, “Time is money.”
- She doesn’t like people that show off.
- Celesti was featured in an article published in the Hindustan Times newspaper for being Alia Bhatt’s doppelganger. Regarding going viral for looking like her, she said,
Alia is one the most successful and loved actors in Bollywood, and one of my favourites. Recently, when one of my videos went viral on social media, it was then that my family also said, ‘You have some resemblance in looks with Alia Bhatt.’ They said, it was a great thing that I resemble her, but it would be even better if I turn out to be a successful actor like her someday.”
Celesti in the news for being Alia Bhatt’s doppelganger
- In the article, she shared how she began her journey on social media. She said,
I signed up on Instagram in November 2020 and started making reels around February last year. My brother, Mridutpol, and best friend, Neeha, encouraged me to start an Instagram account.
- In the Hindustan Times article, she expressed her love for Bollywood films and desire to get featured in them. She shared,
It’s always been something I have loved. My favourite actor in Bollywood is Tiger Shroff, and it would be an honour if I get a chance to share screen space with him someday.