Marital Status: Unmarried
Age: 30 Years
|Known for||Being the director of the television series Panchayat in 2020 and 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Debut||Assistant Director: Om Shanti Om (2007)|
|Date of Birth||18 April 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||St John’s School, DLW, Varanasi|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay|
|Educational Qualification||2009: Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay Deepak Mishra’s LinkedIn Account|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Name Not Known
Mother– Name Not Known
|Siblings||He has two sisters.|
|Car Collection||He owns a BMW.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Deepak Kumar Mishra
- Deepak Kumar Mishra is an Indian filmmaker, director, scriptwriter, and supporting actor. He is best known for being the director of the television shows Permanent Roommates (2014), Humorously Yours (2016), and Panchayat Series (2020 and 2022).
- Soon after finishing his school education, Deepak Kumar Mishra shifted to Mumbai to pursue an engineering degree at IIT Powai. Thereafter, he worked at IIT Bombay for some time. In Mumbai, he wanted to become an actor and started attending several theatre festivals. Once, he attended a theatre festival, which was organised by IIT Calcutta.
- During his college days, Deepak Kumar Mishra liked writing street plays, which were later directed by him. Later, he started working under Joshi Paul who gave him the training in filmmaking. Meanwhile, Deepak Kumar Mishra quit his job in Aerospace Research and Development, an US Air Force agency and joined the Indian filmmaking industry. In 2007, he received the chance to work as an assistant director for the film Om Shanti Om.
- In 2012, he joined a group named The Viral Fever Media Labs and started working as its Associate Creative Director. In 2013, Deepak Kumar Mishra made his acting debut as a supporting actor in the film Sulemani Keeda.
- In 2013, Deepak Kumar Mishra portrayed Raghu Ram in the Roadies parody titled TVF Rowdies. Soon after the success of Panchayat 2, his fans dug out his social media accounts and started sharing his memes on various social media platforms.
A viral meme of Deepak Kumar Mishra
- In 2018, Deepak Kumar Mishra worked as an assistant director for the film Happy New Year. The cast of the film included Sonu Sood, Shahrukh Khan, and Deepika Padukone.
- In 2018, Deepak Kumar Mishra acted in the web series TSP Zeroes. Later, he appeared in Kota Factory in 2019 and Baap Baap Hota Hai in 2021.
- Later, Deepak Kumar Mishra received several appreciation notes for his work from various Bollywood film directors such as Anurag Kashyap. Meanwhile, he directed many short films for which he received several awards.
- Deepak Kumar Mishra enjoys smoking cigarettes occasionally.
An Instagram post by Deepak Mishra featuring his favourite stuff
- Deepak Kumar Mishra remains very active on various social media platforms. He is followed by more than 20K people on Instagram. On Facebook, he is followed by over 9K people. He often shares his pictures and videos on social media to keep his followers entertained.
- Deepak Kumar Mishra is a compassionate animal lover. He often shares pictures of his pet cat on social media.
An Instagram post by Deepak Kumar Mishra about his pet cat
- In 2022, soon after the release of his web series Panchayat, Deepak Kumar Mishra stated in a conversation with a media house why he named the show ‘Panchayat.’ He described that he grew up watching the television shows such as ‘Malgudi Days’ and ‘Panchatantra,’ which connected the viewers with their motherland. He added that he tried the same perspective in his show ‘Panchayat’ too. He stated,
A panchayat in India is the personification of what village life is. I wanted to revive the viewers’ fondness for classic shows and relate that to reality. When we were kids, we grew up watching shows like ‘Malgudi Days’ and ‘Panchatantra’. This had the essence of small village culture. We aimed to show the new-age generation what we grew up watching back in the day. ‘Panchayat’s name connects viewers to their motherlands.”
|↑1||Deepak Mishra’s LinkedIn Account|