Faizal Malik is an Indian actor and producer, who is known for his acting in the film Gangs of Wasseypur part 2 (2012). Faizal came more into highlight after playing the character of Prahlad in the OTT series, Panchayat 2 in 2022.
Faizal Malik was born in 1980 (age 42 years; as of 2022) in the Gopalganj area in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. He pursued his graduation in commerce. At the age of 22, he came to Mumbai to pursue his career in acting. According to Faizal, he had a huge interest in acting from his school days. He used to participate in many acting competitions. After coming to Mumbai, Faisal’s first job was in the Sahara channel.
Height (approx.): 6″1′
Weight (approx.): 72 Kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Faizal belongs to a middle-class family.
Parents & Siblings
Faizal’s Late father worked as a clerk in the irrigation department and his mother was a government teacher. In 2021, the actor suffered a major personal loss as his father died due to Covid 19. According to Malik, his mother worked as a teacher for almost 20 years. Faizal had two elder brothers, one of who died due to kidney failure and two younger sisters, one of who committed suicide after she failed in her school exams.
Faizal’s wife’s name is Kumud Shahi. Faizal and Kumud met for the first time in the Sahara channel. Kumud Shahi also used to work there. While working together, both of them fell in love and later, they got married.
Faizal Malik with his wife
In 2012, Faizal made his acting debut with the film Gangs of Wasseypur part 2, in which he played the character of Inspector Gopal Singh.
Faizal Malik in Gangs of Wassipur
Faizal worker in the short film The Playboy Mr Sawhney in 2018.
Impressed with his performance, the TVF team approached Faizal for the role of Prahlad in the OTT series, Panchayat 2 in 2022. Malik received immense love from the audience for his performance in the series Panchayat 2 released on amazon prime.
Faizal Malik in Panchayat season 2
Climbing the hierarchy, the Ganges of Wasepur actor, Faizal, became an executive producer in 2014. He produced films Revolver Rani (2014), Main aur Charles (2015), Saat Uchakkey (2016) and many more. Later, he turned into a producer. He has produced short films like Abhineta (2017), Letters (2017), Uninvited (2018) etc. In 2018, Faisal has also produced the TV web series SMOKE, which ranked up an impressive rating of 8.8 on IMDB making it one of the highest-rated Indian TV shows of all time.
In 2011, Malik started his own company named Hamari Film Company with his wife, Kumud Shahi, where they created top-class original content for several OTT platforms.
- Malik was awarded Indian Television Award for his contribution to MTV Traffic.
- Panchayat actor Faizal revealed in the TEDx show that after the death of his siblings he was completely shattered and he did not talk to his family for almost six years.
- In an interview, recalling the early days in Mumbai, Faisal Malik said that
The four bungalow building in which I lived, Kailash Kher also lived in the same. I went and told him that brother, I have to work. When I came to Mumbai, the real world understood that the world in which we live is not the world. Mumbai is a separate city. Here knowing the picture does not mean that we see the world. One has to read cinema, one has to understand. Then I started working. Earlier the salary was Rs 750, then it was Rs 900, the salary was also Rs 1200.
- In an interview, the actor revealed that during his days in the Sahara channel he learned to work on the edit machine and within 6-7 months he became an editor.
- Faizal mentioned in one of his interviews that, he daily watches one film or TV series to brush up his acting skills.
- Malik got many offers after appearing in the film Gangs of Wasseypur, however, due to his hectic schedule, he rejected the offers.
- Talking about his first break as an actor. Faizal said that
During the making of Gangs of Wasseypur, an actor who was supposed to play a cop, walked out during a scene at a slaughterhouse as he couldn’t bear the smell at the location. This came as a blessing. Director Anurag Kashyap forced me to immediately wear the police uniform and finish the shooting as per schedule.
- The panchayat actor considers his elder brother as his inspiration.
- According to Faizal, playing the character of Prahlad in the OTT series Panchayat 2 was easy for him as he hailed from Allahabad and had spent a lot of time in villages. The actor also said that Panchayat 2 was more challenging for him than the first season.
- Faizal did a show called Amazing Race, which was the world’s biggest reality show in which, Faisal Malik worked with the American crew and learned about the style of working there. While working in the reality show, Faisal Malik decided that he wanted to make his career in production. He worked as a post-producer in the singing show named Fame Gurukul. Later, he became a promo producer, where he used to do promos of the film. In 2004, he left the job and went to channel Zee Cinema where he used to write, cut and get his promos done on-air by himself.
- The actor said in an interview that during the pandemic he used to take YouTube lessons to learn cooking.
- In 2020, Faizal Malik lost his dog with whom he was very close.
A picture of Faizal Malik with his dog