Age: 23 Years
Height: 5′ 5″ (approx.)
Education: BTech In Computer Science
|Known For||Securing AIR 3 at UPSC 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms-65 kg
in pounds-143 lbs
|Age (as of 2022)||23 Years|
|Birthplace||Anandpur Sahib, Punjab|
|Hometown||Anandpur Sahib, Punjab|
|College/University||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh (2017-2021)|
|Educational Qualification||Computer Science Engineering YouTube|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Alok Singla (MBBS) (SMO at H.P. Health Services)
Mother– Neeraj Singla
|Siblings||Brother– Tushar Singla (Engineer)|
|Sociological Thinker||Émile Durkheim (French Sociologist)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gamini Singla
- Gamini Singla is an Indian woman who secured All India Rank 3 in the UPSC Civil Services Examinations 2021.
- The preliminary test for the UPSC 2021 was held on 10 October 2021, following which the main exam was held from 7 January to 16 January 2022. The third and final round of the exam, which comprises an interview, began on 5 April 2022 and ended on 26 May 2022. Gamini’s interview was held on 12 May 2022.
- Singla passed the UPSC CSE with flying colours on her second attempt.
- The top 4 rank holders of the CSE 2021 were girls. Speaking about her views on this in an interview, Singla said,
This shows women are capable of achieving anything through their hard work and dedication”
- Gamini opted for IAS as her first choice of duty and IPS as her second. In an interview, she said,
I have opted for Indian Administrative Service IAS and would like to work for the development of the country and welfare of people”
- Gamini considers Kiran Bedi and one of her immediate seniors, IPS Navjot Simmi, as her role models in the Indian Police Service. She admires the confidence and grit with which both of the women perform their duties.
- After completing her B.Tech from PEC, she landed a job at JPMorgan Chase & Co. but left the job in merely 6 months in 2018. In an interview, her teacher, Professor Rajesh Bhatia, revealed,
She was the class representative and she got a job offer during campus placements but she did not join because she wanted to pursue civil services”
- She opted for sociology as her optional subject.
- Reportedly, she did self-study for her exams and took the help of her father to stay updated with current affairs. In an interview, she said,
I used to study for 9-10 hours a day. I took coaching from Vinod sir in Patiala. Mostly I did self-study preparing for the examination, and finally I got through. My father played an important role in helping me prepare for the exam,”
She added that her father used to read the newspaper for her so that she could save time. She said,
My family, especially my father has helped me a lot emotionally and in studies as well, we used to discuss about studies and he knew what was important for me. That has been a great help for me,”
- According to Gamini, her name means someone who is always on the move.
- Her hobby is participating in MUN which is an activity that is based on the model of the United Nations. She has participated in a lot of the All India Political Party meets. She was also named the Director-General of the PECMUN 6.0 in 2019.
- In an interview, Gamini disclosed that she does not know how to drive a vehicle.
- Professor Sanjeev, who is a faculty member at the CSE Department of PEC, said,
Gamini was a very intelligent student. The department remembers her and we all were very confident that she will clear the exam. We are very proud of her.”