Hometown: Khanna, Punjab
Age: 26 Years
Weight: 161 Kg
|Other name||Gurdeep Dullet Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|
|Profession||Weightlifter and Employee at the Indian Railways|
|Known for||Winning a Bronze Medal in the men’s 109-plus kg final at the Commonwealth Games 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Birmingham 2022 Height||in centimeters– 188 cm
in meters– 1.88 m
in feet & inches– 6’ 2”
|Birmingham 2022 Weight||in kilograms– 161 kg
in pounds– 355 lbs
|Medal(s)||• 2017: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Championship
• 2018: Bronze Medal in National Weightlifting Championships
• 2021: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Senior Championship
• 2022: Bronze Medal in Commonwealth Games
|Record||National record of 223 kg clean and jerk effort in the men’s 109 plus category The Economic Times|
|Date of Birth||1 October 1995 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||26 Years|
|Birthplace||Majri Rasluri Village, Khanna, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Majri Rasluri Village, Near Khanna, Punjab, India|
|Caste||Jatt Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|
|Ethnicity||Punjabi Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Name Not Known (farmer)
Mother– Jasbir Kaur Dullet
Sister– Manvir Kaur
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gurdeep Singh
- Gurdeep Singh is an Indian weightlifter and an Indian Railways employee. He mainly participates in the men’s 109 plus category. On 3 August 2022, he bagged a bronze medal at the Commonwealth Games, Birmingham, England.
- He was born and brought up in Khanna, Punjab.
Gurdeep Singh’s childhood photo with his grandfather
- In 2010, he started his training in weightlifting at a weightlifting centre in his hometown. His father suggested Gurdeep to start his training as he wanted to do some productive work instead of sitting idle at home.
- Gradually, Gurdeep started developing an interest in weightlifting. His coach at his training centre observed his potential in the sport. His coach then asked the Indian team head coach Vijay Sharma to consider Gurdeep Singh for the National camp.
- In 2015, he joined the National Camp, and he then participated in various national and international weightlifting championships in the heavyweight category. Later, he continued his training at Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala, Punjab.
- Some of the tournaments in which he participated are:
Gurdeep Singh at the Commonwealth Games 2018
- In 2022, he won a bronze medal in the Commonwealth Games in the men’s 109+kg category. He lifted a combined tally of 390 kg. In the event, the gold medal was won by Muhammad Nooh Butt from Pakistan (with a lift of 405 kg), and the silver medal was won by David Andrew Liti from New Zealand (with a lift of 394 kg).
|↑1||Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|
|↑2, ↑3||Birmingham 2022|
|↑4||The Economic Times|
|↑5||Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|
|↑6||Instagram- Gurdeep Singh|