Hometown: Ropar, Punjab
Age: 30 Years
|Famous for||• Being involved in the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala in 2022
• Threatening to kill Salman Khan in 2018 for blackbuck hunting
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 170 cm
in meters– 1.70 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||12 February 1992 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|College/University||• Panjab University, Chandigarh
• DAV College, Chandigarh
|Caste||Bishnoi The Indian Express|
|Address||Reportedly, he resisded in hostel no. 4 in Panjab University and Sector 4, Panchkula.|
|Controversies||• Bishnoi’s threat to Salman Khan:
In 2018, while Bishnoi was being taken to the court, he said that he would kill Salman Khan in Jodhpur in connection to the black buck hunting case. While saying this, many police personnel were present there. Lawrence wanted to take revenge from Salman Khan because he belongs to Bishnoi community that is very concerned about the deers. ABP NEWS – YouTube
• Phone brought to jail:
• Link with Sushil Kumar:
• Sandeep Nangal’s murder:
• Sidhu Moosewala Murder:
• Bishnoi Group:
|Relationships & More|
Father– Lavinder Singh (policemen)
Mother– Sunita (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother– Anmol Bishnoi|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lawrence Bishnoi
- Lawrence Bishnoi is an Indian gangster who is known for being a part of the murder of Punjabi singer Sidhu Moosewala in 2022 and threatening to kill Salman Khan in 2018 for blackbuck hunting.
- He was born in a Punjabi family, but his mother named him Lawrence (Lawrence is a Christian name that means shining) because he had fair skin when he was born.
- He was interested in sports since childhood. While studying in college, he used to practice wrestling in an akhara behind Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh.
- While he was in college, he was a student leader of the Student Organisation of Panjab University (SOPU). He fought the elections for the college president, but could not win the elections, which led to rivalry between him and the opposition party. Once, he open fired on the opposite group, because of which, a case was registered against him in 2011.
- Reportedly, gangster Jaggu Bhagwanpuri is Bishnoi’s guru.
- In 2015, he escaped Punjab police when they were taking him to present in the court. He went to Nepal and returned back to Punjab with weapons. After a few months, he was again caught by police.
- While he was in jail, he used to do Sukhmani Sahib Path every morning inside the lock-up.
- In 2019, one of the members of Bishnoi’s group, Ankit Bhadu, was encountered by the police in Zirakpur who had held a girl hostage not to get arrested by the police. Business Standard
- In 2020, a close aide of Bishnoi and Goldy Brar, Gurlal Brar was murdered by Gurlal Singh Bhalwan. After a few months after his murder, Gurlal Singh Bhalwan was killed by Bishnoi and Goldy Brar as an act of revenge for the death of Goldy Brar’s cousin, Gurlal Brar.
- In 2021, he was brought to Jaipur for interrogation due to a threat call made to a city-based businessman. His accomplice Sampat Nehra, revealed that Bishnoi had asked him to make a WhatsApp call to demand protection money of Rs 1 crore from the businessman.
- In 2021, then henchmen of Bishnoi, Vicky Middukhera, was killed in a gang war in Mohali after being shot with fifteen bullets.
- In 2021, it was reported that Bishnoi was trying to make inroads into Delhi through his close associate Sandeep because he himself was in jail. They were trying to expand their network.
- In 2021, Manju Arya aka Meenu, the lady aide of the Bishnoi group was arrested by the police.
- In 2022, he filed a petition in Chandigarh district court to handcuff him when taken to court or any other place so that he would remain safe from fake police encounters.
- A few hours after Sidhu Moosewala‘s death, Goldy Brar and Bishnoi took responsibility for his murder. In a social media post, they wrote,
Today, Moosewala was killed in Punjab, I, Sachin Bishnoi, Lawrence Bishnoi take the responsibility. It’s our work. Moosewala’s name surfaced in our brother Vikramjit Singh Middukhera and Gurlal Brar’s murder, but the Punjab Police did not take any action against him. We also came to know that Moosewala was also involved in the encounter of our associate Ankit Bhadu. Moosewala was working against us. Delhi Police had taken his name but Moosewala used his political power and saved his skin each time.”
- He describes himself as a devotee of Bhagat Singh.
- It was reported that there were more than 150 Facebook accounts in his name. All these Facebook accounts had one common thing in their bio ‘Respect Girls.’
- At the age of 29, he had committed more than fifty crimes.
|↑1||The Indian Express|
|↑2||ABP NEWS – YouTube|
|↑3||The Times of India|