Age: 44 Years
Husband: Abhishek Jha
Hometown: Dehradun, Uttarakhand
|Profession||IAS officer of Jharkhand|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 165 cm
in meters– 1.65 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||7 July 1978 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||44 Years|
|College/University||Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttrakhand|
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Business Management E.A.S.Y|
|Controversies||• When Pooja was serving as the Deputy Commissioner in Khunti district, her name was involved in a scam of Rs. 16 crore in MNREGA. The Times of India
• On 6 May, Rs. 25 crore cash was found from Pooja’s house after the ED raided eighteen of her properties. The ED has raided her properties because of her involvement in the illegal mining case in Garhwa.India Today
|Relationships & More|
|Husband/Spouse||• Rahul Purwar (IAS officer) (ex-husband)
• Abhishek Jha (businessman)
|Siblings||Brother– Sidharth Singhal|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pooja Singhal
- Pooja Singhal is an Indian IAS officer of Jharkhand. She is known for being the youngest IAS officer at the age of twenty-one.
- She was a topper while studying in school and college. She became an IAS officer at the age of twenty-one. Her name was written in the Limca Book of Records for being the youngest IAS officer.
- In 2021, she served as the secretary of the tourism, art, culture, sports, and youth affairs department of Jharkhand. In the same year, she was transferred and became the secretary of the industries, mines, and geology departments.
- While she was serving as the Deputy Commissioner in the Khunti district, she fave Rs.6 crore to two NGOs from the MNREGA scheme. This act by Pooja raised many questions in the assembly, but she was not found guilty.
- She was also accused of ignoring the rules in the allotment of the Kathautia coal block to the Usha Martin Group while she was the Deputy Commissioner in Palamu.
- Reportedly, when she was the Deputy Commissioner in Chatra, Naxalites attacked her with a poisonous needle. She was taken to the hospital, but later, it was alleged that she tried to kill herself by having the poison.
- After she became the IAS officer, she revealed various godowns and the illegal sale of books given to children under the education project.
- While she was the IAS of Jharkhand, a handicap survey was also conducted for the first time to collect data on physically handicapped people.
|↑2||The Times of India|