Wife: Manjiri Oak
Age: 47 Years
Hometown: Pune, Maharashtra
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 6”
Film: 2005, Zeher
TV: 2009, Bandini
Director (Tamil Film): 2009, Hay Kay Nay Kay
2018: Filmfare Award for best actor and best film for the Marathi film Kaccha Limbu.
2018: National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Marathi for the film Kaccha Limbu.
2022: He won the 4th Majja Digital Awards for outstanding actor in negative role for the movie Dhurala.
|Date of Birth||17 February 1975 (Monday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||47 Years|
|School||Bhave High school, Pune|
|College/University||Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Manjiri Oak (Entrepreneur)|
Son– He has two sons
• Sarthak Oak
• Mayank Oak
|Parents||Prasad lost his father during the Covid 19 pandemic.|
|Singer(s)||Late Kishore Kumar and R.D. Burman|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Prasad Oak
- Prasad Oak is an Indian actor, director, writer, singer, anchor, poet, and, film producer who is best known for directing the Marathi drama film Kaccha Limboo (2017).
- Prasad Oak belongs to a Maharashtrian Hindu family.
- In 1996, Prasad started his career as an assistant director in the Marathi play Premachi Goshta. Later, he worked in many Marathi plays including Adhantar, Nandee, Magna Talyakathi, Ranangan, Abhas, and Altan Paltan.
- Prasad has sung in Marathi films like Doghat Tisr Ata Sagal Vista (2008) and Joshi Ki Kamble (2008).
- Prasad loves watching films and reading books during his leisure time.
- In an interview, Prasad Oak revealed that he had always desired to become a director. He said that,
I didn’t come to Mumbai to be an actor. I came to the city to be a director. I never wanted to be an actor, I always wanted to be a director. And that dream of direction has lagged. I came to Mumbai in 1996 and directed my first film in 2009 (with Hay Kay Nay Kay). My next (directorial) Kaccha Limbu was in 2017. Now I want to direct more films.”
- Prasad owns a pet dog named Mascara.
- Prasad Oak often posts his smoking pictures on social media.
- According to Prasad Oak, the Marathi film Chandramukhi which was his dream film to direct ended up being his best-directed film in April 2022. He said that,
I’ll always tell my younger self – You should have started direction quite earlier. It was my dream to make my directorial debut with Chandramukhi, It took 15 years for Vishwas Patil to give me the rights to remake his novel. He knew me as an actor but he wasn’t sure of my directing abilities. He was sceptical. After Hirkani(a film Oak also directed), he gave me the rights in December 2019. Chandramukhihas have been my 18 years of passion and my biggest ‘dream come true.”
Marathi film Chandramukhi directed by Prasad
- Prasad Oak has worked in more than 80 television serials and 39 films in his acting career.
- In 2007, Prasad won the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa contest a singing competition and he also won the title Ajinkyatara which was a contest between Marathi celebrities.
- In 2000, Prasad was the judge in the reality show Dhinka Chika, and in 2020 he judged the Marathi comedy show Maharashtrachi Hasya Jatra.
- In 2017, the Marathi movie Kaccha Limbu directed by Prasad Oak received the National Film Award.