Hometown: Theog, Himachal Pradesh
Marital Status: Unmarried
Height: 5′ 5″
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 162 cm
in meters– 1.62 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 4”
|Debut||Film: Revolver Rani (2014)|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birthplace||Theog, Himachal Pradesh|
|Hometown||Theog, Himachal Pradesh|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Preeti sood
- Preeti sood is an Indian actress and director. She is known for her performance in the web series Aashram (2020).
- The actress made her acting debut in 2014 with the Sai Kabir Shrivastav directed crime comedy drama film ‘Revolver Rani.’ She played the role of Gutki in this Kangana Ranaut and Vir Da starrer film. The film was released on 25 April 2014.
- Next, in 2015, Preeti appeared in the Hindi-language black comedy film ‘Welcome 2 Karachi.’ The film was written by Vrajesh Hirjee and directed by Ashish R Mohan. The actress played made a friendly appearance in the film.
- In 2019, Preeti Sood became part of the Bollywood film ‘Fraud Saiyaan.’ She played the role of a character named Preeti in the romantic dark comedy drama film directed by Sourabh Shrivastava. Preeti got the opportunity to work with actors like \ Arshad Warsi, Saurabh Shukla, Sara Loren, Deepali Pansare, Flora Saini, and Nivedita Tiwari in this film. The film Fraud Saiyyan tells the story of a con artist in North India who gets women to marry him so he can live off their money.
- Preeti Sood, in one of her interviews, revealed about not so smooth audiotion journey. She narrated,
Someone would say that I am too fair for the role, while someone would say that I am too young/old for it. I had a lot of questions but they weren’t answered. Worse, I was replaced in a film at the last minute and was told that this was happening because I was prettier than the heroine!”
- Preeti Sood made her digital debut in 2020, with Prakash Jha’s crime drama web series ‘Aashram.’ She played the role of Sanober alongside Bobby Deol, Aaditi Pohankar, Darshan Kumar, Chandan Roy Sanyal, and Tushar Pandey. Aashram tells the story of an Indian Godman whose good actions support criminal and unholy activities like rapes, murders, drugs, vote-bank politics, and forced male emasculation. To bring him to justice, the law and a few crusaders investigate. The whole series was highly appreciated by the audience. Preeti also gained critical acclaims for her performance in the series. She told about her experience working for the drama series and said,
Working in ‘Aashram’, was like a dream come true! I adore Bobby Deol sir on set and I had a huge fan girl moment. When I was offered the part, it was totally a wow moment for me. It was amazing and heartwarming to work with such a talented and hardworking star, but most of all, he was humble, down to earth and truly supportive. He even encouraged me, saying ‘You are a very fine artist and you are so expressive’. As an actress, these things motivated me a lot.
The series was one of my most beautiful journeys. We were shooting in Ayodhya, which in itself was so serene and surreal, and personally I believe that the message of the series was so strong that being a part of it, was extremely fulfilling to me as an actor.
- In 2020, Preeti Sood made her debut as a film director with the short film named ‘Antoo Ki Amma.’ It’s a story about a schoolboy named Antoo and his mother Rani who live in a rural. Vimmo is the name of their cow. They are unable to meet their basic necessities. It’s a narrative about feelings, solidarity, and hope. Antoo’s sincere affection for his cow Vimmo, and a single occurrence that put light on the illegal livestock. Preeti f=herself played the character of Rani, mother of Antoo. Before directing the film, she went to Kargil to understand the life style of the people. Talking about it in a media interaction, before the film was shot, she said,
I am travelling to Kargil to meet these kids and work with them. I will be taking various workshops with these kids to help them have a better and holistic education. I will show my film to them as well. We will have a question and answer session also with these kids so I can understand how best to help these kids. They are a major part of me and I would do everything possible in my reach to help them.
- The second season of the crime drama web series Aashram started streaming on 11 November 2020. The actress gained hug efame and recognition for her performance in both the seasons of the series. Thanking her fans for the support, she told the media,
I thank my fans and audience for all the love and appreciation which you gave in past 2 months! I feel very proud and fortuned that my hardwork has been recognized at the beginning of the release of both the projects I was quite nervous thinking what if I wouldn’t give my best performance or whether my character will connect with audience or not but my producer from both the shows Prakash jha and Antoo ki Aamma producer Mika singh both were so supportive they always cheered me up it’s only them because of which I played these roles they had faith in me and that’s the reason here I am today,Post release I saw on social media audience pouring love,commenting ,messaging on my work that gave me so much courage that I was overjoyed and I promised myself I will cater best performances with my coming projects without being nervous.”
- During a media interaction, Preeti talked about how she protected two girls and broke a child trafficking network in Mumbai. She describes it as a friend coming to her and telling her that two young girl children at a salon were dressed up a little too fishily. Preeti swung into action and arrived at the desired location. Following that, a drama ensued in which girl power triumphed and the cops were summoned.