Age: 40 Years
Wife: Zainab Suleman
Hometown: Lahore, Pakistan
|Famous For||Being the younger son of Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Date of Birth||Year, 1982|
|Age (as of 2022)||40 Years|
|College/University||University of Oxford, England|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Politics, Philosophy and Economics|
|Ethnicity||Bhat Kashmiri tribe|
|Sect||Sunni Global Security|
|Political Inclination||Pakistan Muslim League (N)|
|Address||1 Concord Business Centre, Concord Road, London, United Kingdom, W3 0TJ|
|Controversy||In 2019, Suleman attracted controversy when his name was highlighted in a money laundering case. The immovable properties of him and his family were freezed. The National Accountability Bureau alleged that assets worth Rs. 3.3 billion were illegally owned by Hamza Shahbaz, Suleman and their father Shehbaz Sharif. In October 2019, the accountability court declared Suleman a proclaimed offender in a money laundering case against the Sharif family and issued non-bailable arrest warrants against him. In 2021, a British court ordered to unfreeze bank accounts of Suleman. DAWN The Express Tribune|
|Relationships & More|
Father– Shehbaz Sharif (Prime Minister of Pakistan)
Mother– Begum Nusrat Shahbaz
Brother– Hamza Shahbaz (Politician)
• Rabia Imran
• Khadija Shehbaz
• Javeria Shahbaz Sharif
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suleman Shahbaz
- Suleman Shahbaz is a Pakistani businessman who is known for being the younger son of Prime Minister of Pakistan, Shehbaz Sharif.
- In 2016, Imran Khan, former Prime Minister of Pakistan questioned Suleman’s role in meetings of Nawaz Sharif. He also accused Suleman of being a reason for the controversial China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). In an interview, Suleman replied to Imran Khan and said,
Imran Khan is not even worth to head a party, he has lost his mind. Why would I make CPEC controversial? Why he does not bring his children to study in Pakistan. TV channels are running his 3 years old footage when he went for Umrah with PM Nawaz Sharif and that he is in the country presently.”
- In 2019, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) placed Suleman Shahbaz’s name on the Exit Control List (ECL). The Express Tribune
- In 2019, Suleman decided to stay in London after PML (N) President Shahbaz Sharif returned to Pakistan after ten years of exile.
- In 2019, in an interview, when he was asked about the Rs. 99 million cheque that he had signed in 2009 and given to Manzoor Ahmed and Qasim Qayyum, he said,
I don’t know Qasim Qayyum I didn’t even meet him in my life. I don’t recognize this man. I haven’t met Manzoor and Qasim, it is the government’s claim and I completely deny this, it’s a joke.”
- In 2022, Suleman sent a bouquet to Jahangir Tareen in Oxford, United Kingdom. Jahangir was not on good terms with the Pakistan Muslim League (N) because, in 2016, PML-N filed a plea to disqualify Tareen from his National Assembly seat for submitting false statements with the Election Commission of Pakistan.
- Some media houses spell Suleman’s name as Salman Shahbaz.
|↑3||The Express Tribune|
|↑4||The Express Tribune|