Thorgan Ganael Francis Hazard is a Belgian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder and winger for Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund and the Belgian national team. Eden Hazard’s younger brother and Kylian Hazard’s older brother. In 2012, shortly after his older brother was signed by Chelsea, he began his professional career with Lens in Ligue 1. Chelsea never had him play competitive football. Instead, he was loaned for two years to Zulte Waregem, where he won the Belgian Golden Shoe in January 2014, for the most outstanding player in the Belgian Pro League.He also won the prize for the most outstanding professional player in May 2014. Initially, on loan, he joined Borussia Mönchengladbach in 2014 and made over 100 appearances for the club before moving to Borussia Dortmund in 2019. In May 2013, after playing at every level in the Belgian national youth team system, he was given his first senior international cap against the United States. During the 2018 FIFA World Cup, he was a part of the Belgian squad that finished third.
Thorgan Hazard Bio/Wiki
Thorgan Hazard grew up in Braine-le-Comte, a small town in the Wallonia region, but he is from La Louvière. Thorgal is his first name derived from the Belgian comic strip and he grew up in a football-loving family. His mother Carine and father Thierry were both professional footballers.His father spent most of his career on a semi-professional level with Louviéroise in the Belgian Second Division. He primarily played as a defensive midfielder.He has an older brother named Eden whose mother played as a striker in the Belgian Women’s First Division. She stopped playing when Eden was three months old. Both parents became physical education teachers after playing football. In 2009, Thierry retired from his position to spend more time with his children.Hazard also has three other siblings. Eden, his older brother, played for Lens’ biggest rival Lille and currently plays for Real Madrid. Hazard’s other younger siblings are Kylian and Ethan. Kylian joined White Star Bruxelles in 2013, and on 29 August 2017 he signed to join Chelsea’s development team, but he is currently playing for Cercle Brugge. Eden’s former club, Tubize, has an academy that Ethan attends.Hazard and his three brothers were raised in an environment where their parents made sure they had everything they needed to excel. Despite living “no more than three meters” from a football training ground, the brothers often ventured onto the pitch to hone their skills through a small hole.Eden Hazard Bio, Age, Height, Parents, Brothers, Wife, Net Worth & Wiki
Thorgan Hazard Net Worth
How much does he earn in 2022?In July 2019, the forward signed a contract with Borussia Dortmund that nets him a staggering salary of 1.6 Million Euro (1.3 Million Pounds) per year. After crunching the numbers, he earns €4,383.56 (£3,561.64) per day and €182.65 (£148.4) per hour!
Salary & Net Worth Updated 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||2.6 Million Euro (2.2 Million Pound)|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Not Available|
|Annual Salary||1.6 Million Euro (1.3 Million Pound)|
|Per Month Salary||€133,333 (£115,942)|
|Per Week Salary||€30,769 (£26,756)|
|Per Day Salary||€4,384 (£3,812)|
|Per Hour Salary||€183 (£159)|
|Per Minute Salary||€3 (£3)|
|Current Contract||With Borussia Dortmund|
|Contract Signed||Jul 1, 2019|
|Contract Expires||Jun 30, 2024|
|Contract Signing Amount||$41.80 Million|
|Market Value||$22.00 Million|
|Highest Market Value||$49.50 Million (Mar 6, 2019)|
|Income Source||Professional Footballer|
|Cars Collection||BentleyThorgan Hazard In His Car|
As a professional for 7 years, you should have had your net worth a lot higher than 2.6 Million Euros, but that’s not the case. It is reported that his market value is only 38 Million Euros.
- Hazard began playing football at the age of five for his hometown club, Royal Stade Brainois. Thorgan followed his brother Eden to Tubize after spending five years at the club.
- He was discovered by French club Lens while playing for Tubize in a local tournament at the age of 14. Similar to his brother’s move to Lille, his parents accepted an offer from Lens in hopes of better training facilities in France. Here, he met fellow Belgian player and future Chelsea teammate Charly Musonda.
- Hazard’s father later admitted Eden was much better than Thorgan, and that joining clubs in the North of France was the most logical solution. “They remained close to home, they integrated at structures where they could grow, because in Belgium, unfortunately, it’s a little empty for youth training.”
- While in the Lens youth academy, Hazard played for the Lens under-16 team, along with players like Geoffrey Kondogbia and Raphal Varane, that won the 2008–09 edition of the Champnat National des 16 ans 44.
- Hazard signed his first professional contract on April 7, 2010, after agreeing to a three-year deal until June 2013.
- Hazard trained with the senior team during the pre-season for the 2010–11 season. In his pre-season debut, he scored in a 1-1 draw with Belgian club Roeselare.
- Hazard began the season with the club’s amateur Championnat de France team in the fourth division.
- On 8 August 2010, he made his amateur debut, appearing as a substitute in a 2–0 victory over Drancy.
- After playing the majority of the season for both the reserve team in the CFA and the under-19 team in the Coupe Gambardella, Hazard was named to the senior team for the first time in Ligue 1 on 11 May against Bordeaux.
- Hazard did not play in the match, and his 2010–11 campaign ended without an appearance for the senior team.
- Hazard was promoted to the senior team permanently before the 2011-12 season and given the number 22 shirt.
- Against Reims in Lens’ opening league match of the season, he made his professional debut as a second-half substitute. That season, he played 14 league matches.
Marco Reus Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Injury, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- On 24 July 2012, Chelsea announced on its website that it had reached an agreement with Lens for the transfer of Hazard, shortly after the signing of his brother Eden from Lille.
- He made his Chelsea debut on 17 August 2012 in a 0–0 draw against Manchester City in an Under-21 Premier League match, his last appearance in Chelsea colors.
- Hazard was sent on a season-long loan move to Belgian Pro League side Zulte Waregem on 30 August 2012.
- The goal was for him to gain first-team experience rather than be developed slowly by Chelsea.
- On 15 September 2012, he made his debut in a 1–0 away win against OH Leuven. Hazard scored his first goal in a 4-1 home win over Charleroi on 31 October.
- On 16 May 2013, Hazard put in an impressive shift as he scored the game’s opening goal from the penalty spot before providing two assists in a 5–2 defeat of Club Brugge at the Regenboogstadion in Waregem.
- On 15 July 2013, Chelsea and Waregem agreed for Hazard to be loaned back for another year until the end of the 2013–14 season.
- Thorgan Hazard scored a free-kick and assisted a goal as Zulte won their season opener against Lierse on 27 July.
- On 2 August, the Belgian club announced Hazard would be replacing experienced defender Davy De fauw as club captain, which was received with much anger from a section of the club’s supporters.
- This led to Hazard handing the captain’s armband back, less than 24 hours after receiving it.
- After the incident, it was rumored the move to make Thorgan the club captain was one of the conditions in the loan deal imposed by Chelsea.
- On 28 November 2013, Hazard scored against Wigan Athletic in a 2–1 win in the UEFA Europa League group stage win away at the DW Stadium.
- Thorgan Hazard was voted as Zulte’s player of the season and scored 17 goals in 53 matches across all competitions. Hazard also won the Belgian Player of the Year Award.
- On 5 July 2014, Hazard was loaned to Borussia Mönchengladbach of the German Bundesliga for the 2014–15 season.
- During his loan, Hazard wore the number 26. In the 3–1 win against FC 08 Homburg in the DFB-Pokal on 16 August 2014, Hazard made his debut, coming on in the 78th minute as a substitute for Branimir Hrgota.
- Thorgan Hazard then made his league debut on 24 August 2014 in a 1–1 draw against VfB Stuttgart, coming off the bench in the 67th minute.
- Hazard scored twice in Gladbach’s 7–0 win over FK Sarajevo in the UEFA Europa League play-offs on 28 August 2014, including a curling free-kick from 35 yards out.
- On 24 September 2014, Hazard made his first start for Borussia Mönchengladbach in the Bundesliga, against Hamburger SV, playing 71 minutes before being substituted for Fabian Johnson in a 1–0 win.
- On 6 December 2014, Hazard started against Hertha BSC, only his second start in the Bundesliga.
- Thorgan Hazard played the full 90 minutes and assisted Tony Jantschke for the first goal of the match in the opening ten minutes, as well as scoring the winning goal in the 83rd minute, his first of the Bundesliga season.
- The match ended in a 3–2 win, breaking the club’s four-match winless streak.
- On 23 February 2015, Hazard agreed to sign permanently for Borussia Monchengladbach, effective from 1 July.
- Thorgan Hazard joined on a five-year contract, thus lasting until June 2020, a buy-back agreement with Chelsea was also included.
- The contract consists of four years, along with one year optional. The transfer fee was reported as €8 million (£5.9 million), 16 times as much as Chelsea paid for him.
- During an interview about his move becoming permanent in the summer, Hazard confirmed his deal does contain a buy-back clause and that he still dreams of returning to Stamford Bridge in the future.
- In his interview, he said, “I am focusing on excelling at Borussia Monchengladbach, but I still hope to play for Chelsea one day.”
- On 8 August 2015, in his first game after his transfer, Hazard scored in a 4–1 win at FC St. Pauli in the first round of the DFB-Pokal.
- Following the resignation of manager Lucien Favre, who lost the first five matches of the Bundesliga, and André Schubert’s appointment, he was unable to find a place in the starting lineup.
- Hazard made his first start under Schubert on 20 December against Darmstadt 98, eventually earning preference from Schubert over Ibrahima Traoré on the right side.
- Hazard finished the season with four goals, two coming in a match against Hertha BSC on 3 April 2016 in a 5–0 win.
- Looking to improve his playing time and goalscoring heading into the year, Hazard scored his first-ever hat-trick in a 6–1 victory over Swiss club Young Boys in the second leg of the UEFA Champions League play-off round on 24 August 2016.
- Mönchengladbach set a record with a 9–2 aggregate scoreline, the largest ever margin of victory in a play-off tie.
- On 17 September, Hazard and teammate Raffael both scored first-half braces against Werder Bremen in a Bundesliga match.
- With rumors that Chelsea was looking to exercise their buy-back clause on Hazard, and that the clause expired at the end of 2016, club sports director Max Eberl claimed Chelsea did not actually have an explicit buy-back clause in Hazard’s contract.
- Thorgan Hazard, addressing these rumors, said, “I signed a contract here because I want to play here.”
- On 28 September, Hazard scored his first UEFA Champions League goal, opening the scoring against Barcelona at Borussia Park before the visitors went on to win 1–2.
- On 25 November 2017, he scored from the penalty spot to help his side defeat the Bundesliga record champion Bayern Munich with a 2–1 win.
- Hazard also scored twice in a 2–1 victory against Hertha BSC and ended the season with eleven goals and six assists.
- On 19 August 2018, Hazard, Alassane Pléa and Raffael each scored hat-tricks in an 11–1 win at fifth-tier BSC Hastedt in the first round of the cup.
On 22 May 2019, Thorgan Hazard joined Borussia Dortmund on a five-year contract for a reported fee of €25.5 million. He joined the club at the same time as new teammate Julian Brandt, who arrived from Bayer 04 Leverkusen.Matthias Ginter Biography, Age, Wife, Barcelona, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
- Thorgan Hazard is a Belgian youth international and has represented his nation at under-16, under-17, and under-18 levels.
- With the under-16 team, Hazard was a regular participant. He made his debut on 16 September 2008 in a 5–0 defeat to Germany in a tournament in Hassloch.
- In the team’s next match in the tournament, against Macedonia, Hazard scored a goal in a 3–0 victory.
- For the rest of the under-16 campaign, he scored goals in matches against Malta and Poland.
- Thorgan Hazard also played with the team at the 2009 edition of the Aegean Cup in Turkey.
- He featured in all three matches as Belgium crashed out in the group stage portion of the competition.
- Due to his increased participation with Lens domestically, Hazard primarily played in competitive matches with the under-17 team under coach Bob Browaeys.
- In August 2009, he played with the team in the Toto Cup, a yearly international youth tournament held in Austria.
- In the first qualifying round for the 2009 UEFA European Under-17 Championship, Hazard scored his only goal with the team in a 1–1 draw with Montenegro.
- Thorgan Hazard was subsequently called up to the team in March 2010 for Elite Round qualification matches that were played in Northern Ireland.
- Hazard played in all three matches as Belgium failed to earn qualification to the tournament.
- Hazard appeared in only one match with the under-18 team before bypassing the age level to represent the under-19 team ahead of the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship.
- He made his debut on 8 February in a friendly match against Belarus, scoring the team’s only goal in a 1–0 win.
- On 27 March 2011, Hazard scored the game-winning goal by converting a penalty in a 2–1 win over Ukraine. In Elite Round qualification for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, Hazard featured as a starter and played the entire match in all three group stage matches.
- In the second group stage match against Estonia, Hazard netted the winner in the 88th minute to give Belgium a 3–2 win.
- The victory allowed the nation to qualify for the tournament with one match to spare. Belgium ultimately finished the Elite Round unbeaten.
- At the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, Hazard featured in two of the three group stage matches Belgium contested.
- In the team’s opening match against Spain, Hazard assisted on the team’s only goal in a 4–1 defeat after his shot from distance was blocked by the Spanish defense and fell into the path of teammate Florent Cuvelier, who converted his shot.
- Belgium ultimately finished last in its group, which resulted in the team being eliminated from the tournament.
- Due to being an underage player in the 2010–11 season, Hazard remained eligible to play on the under-19 team for the 2011–12 season.
- In the first match of the campaign against Denmark, Hazard scored the team’s only goal by converting a penalty in a 1–1 draw.
- On 7 September 2011, he scored the second goal in the team’s 4–1 friendly match win over Turkey.
- In first-round qualification for the 2012 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, Hazard scored a team-leading three goals.
- Hazard scored a double in the team’s first group match against Wales and, in the team’s final group match against Scotland, Hazard scored the second goal in a 3–1 win.
- Hazard played in two of Belgium’s three group stage matches during Elite Round qualification, as the team finished third in the group behind Spain and Italy.
- Hazard received his first senior call-up on 16 May 2013, after Wilmots included him in his 28-man squad ahead of a friendly against the United States and a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Serbia.
- As a second-half substitute for Chelsea teammate Romelu Lukaku, he made his senior international debut for Belgium against the United States in a 4–2 friendly win.
- Hazard was one of seven standby players named to Belgium’s squad for the 2014 World Cup finals.
- His second cap came in a 1–1 friendly match against the Netherlands on 9 November 2016, again from the bench.
- Hazard scored his first goal in a 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier on 10 October 2017 in a 4–0 win over Cyprus at home.
- As of 4 June 2018, Roberto Martnez named Hazard to Belgium’s 23-person squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.
- The young player made his tournament debut on 18 June, playing the final seven minutes in place of Dries Mertens in a 3–0 victory over Panama and playing throughout the 1–0 win against England in the next match in Kaliningrad, which resulted in the Belgians finishing in a great third place.
- He scored one goal in Belgium’s 2–1 win against Denmark in Euro 2020’s Group B match on 17 June 2021. After a 1–0 win against Portugal on 27 June 2021, he also scored a 42nd-minute goal outside the box to advance Belgium to the Euro 2020 quarterfinals.
Julian Brandt Biography, Age, Height, FIFA, Career, Net Worth & Wiki
Facts About Thorgan Hazard
- We tried to provide a brief overview of Hazard, the player who began his career at the age of 21.
- However, since football fans are intrigued by players’ off-field lives, we have tried to cover more facts about Thorgan Hazard, including his professional life and private life, in the following.
- Hazard’s childhood is the starting point of the 27-year-old footballer’s sporting career.
- According to their orders, Eden is the oldest, Thorgan is the second, Kylian is younger than Thorgan, and Ethan is the youngest.
- Each boy has pursued his interest in football, an occupation that their parents began before them.
- Thorgan Hazard grew up in a happy home with his parents Eden and Kylian.
- The four brothers grew up with a range of similar interests as a result of their parental upbringing. As their parents shared the same interests, a lot of things became mandatory.
- In honor of Zinedine Zidane, their parents bought each of them Legend’s No 10 French shirts. The other enthusiasm was their ability to become an attacking midfielder in the future, which they have already achieved.
- Due to their parents’ background, both brothers are interested in football. Their mother, Carine Hazard, and their father, Thierry Hazard, encouraged their children to follow their dreams.
- In the football world, which was once middle-class, danger refers to the parents’ decisions.
- Due to their extraterrestrial football pedigree, their parents made big plans for their four children around football and made sure they pursued soccer careers. They worked hard and prepared all they needed to ensure their four sons got what they wanted.
- As a result of the warm atmosphere in his family, Thorgan remembers this time as one of the most memorable and memorable times in his life. Thorgan remembers playing football with his older brother, Eden, and his cousins.
- Thorgan Hazard initially became interested in playing as a goalkeeper. However, later he found it boring, and due to his elder brother’s help and the fact that he wasn’t tall enough for the position, he gave up on the idea.
- Thorgan and Eden are rivals, but they have a close family relationship, which has caused Thorgan to talk a lot about Eden.
- Throughout this section, we have collected a number of his sayings about the period during which Eden was unable to play.
- Thorgan, who is suffering from injury and Coronavirus, said on 9 November 2020, “He is one of the best players in the world, and it is always better to have him in your squad. Last weekend, Madrid lost to Red Devils without him. We all need Eden at full strength.”.
- Moreover, he added, “It was an unpleasant surprise for him. The injury was gone, and then Coronavirus showed up”. Thorgan later said Eden felt fine, and fortunately, COVID-19 symptoms had subsided.”
Is thorgan hazard good?Though he can be deployed in a tactical concept that emphasizes possession and build-up, where he can break down a compact side either with the right pass or by being direct and beating his marker, Thorgan excels in a counter-attacking role.Is thorgan hazard better than Eden?According to all statistical values we believe that Thorgan Hazard is the better player at the moment.What age is thorgan hazard?29 years (March 29, 1993)Is thorgan hazard on loan?Hazard is now in his fifth season with the Bundesliga side, which he initially joined on loan from Chelsea before joining permanently in a £5.9million deal.Is thorgan hazard related to Eden Hazard?He is the younger brother of Eden and older brother of Kylian Hazard.Florian Neuhaus Biography, Age, Height, Family, Career, Net Worth & Wiki