Age: 37 Years
Death Cause: Shot Dead
Death Date: 07/08/2021
|Full name||Vikramjit Singh Middukhera DNA India|
|Nickname||Vicky Bhai Facebook- Ajaypal Middukhera|
|Known for||Being allegedly murdered by the gangsters and Punjabi singer Sidhu Moose Wala|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||26 July 1984 (Thursday)|
|Birthplace||Middu Khera, Muktsar District, Punjab|
|Date of Death||7 August 2021|
|Place of Death||Parking Lot in Sector 71, Mohali, Punjab|
|Age (at the time of death)||37 Years|
|Death Cause||Shot Dead The Times of India|
|Hometown||Middu Khera, Muktsar District, Punjab|
|School||• Shivalik Public School, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali)
• A school in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
|College/University||• DAV College, Chandigarh
• Panjab University, Chandigarh
|Educational Qualification||• Graduation Facebook- Ajaypal Middukhera
• Post Graduation in Defense Studies from Panjab University, Chandigarh The Indian Express
• Diploma Certificate Course in French from Panjab University, Chandigarh
Note: As per the Punjab University, no student with the name Vikramjit Singh Middukhera was enrolled in a Diploma Certificate Course in French. The Tribune
|Political Inclination||Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD)|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2018|
Father– Sardar Gurdial Singh (farmer, sarpanch)
Mother– Sardarni Surinder Kaur
|Siblings||Brother– Ajaypal Middukhera (politician)|
|Politician||Sukhbir Singh Badal|
|Student Leader||Dayal Pratap Singh Randhawa|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vicky Middukhera
- Vicky Middukhera was an Indian student political leader from Punjab. In 2021, he was shot dead by two men in Mohali, Punjab.
- He was born and brought up in the village Middu Khera, Muktsar District, Punjab, and after his village’s name, he adopted his surname Vicky Middukhera.
A childhood photo of Vicky Middukhera
- In school and college, he was inclined towards sports and used to play football and cricket.
Vicky Middukhera with his school football team
- While studying at university, he contested the student’s election from SOPU (Student Organisation of Panjab University), and he was elected president from SOPU in 2010.
Vicky Middukhera’s posters from the time of the student’s election
- Seeing his leadership potential, he was asked by the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) members to form a student organisation of SAD with the name Student Organization of India (SOI). He then left SOPU and joined SOI as one of the founding members of the student’s political group. In 2015, he became president of SOI of the Chandigarh wing. During his tenure as SOI president, his party won several times.
Vicky Middukhera during SOI rally
- Vicky was appointed as the director of the Youth Development Board during one of the SAD-BJP governments in Punjab.
A collage of Vicky Middukhera with political leaders
- He used to promote “No Drugs” through his social media accounts.
Vicky Middukhera’s Instagram post
- Vicky used to help college and university students in finding accommodation and provided financial help to the poor students.
Vicky Middukhera and his party members with poor children
- He was good friends with the Punjabi singer Mankirt Aulakh. The singer has shared a few pictures of him with Vicky on his Instagram account.
An Instagram post by Mankirt Aulakh for Vicky Middukhera
- Vicky Middukhera was a fitness enthusiast and used to work out in the gym regularly.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Vicky Middukhera (@vicky_middukhera)
- On 7 August 2021, while he was in Sector 7 Mohali to meet one of his friends, he was shot dead by a few men. The whole incident was captured on a CCTV camera of a nearby building.
- Later, the local police arrested three shooters who were alleged to be involved in the murder. The three shooters are the members of the Bambiha group named Sajjan alias Bholu, Anil alias Latth, and Ajay alias Sunny. In the investigation, the shooters revealed that the Punjabi Singer Sidhu Moose Wala was also involved in the murder case. Later, two other criminals named Bhupi Rana and Amit Dagar were sent warrants for their alleged role in Vicky’s murder. The Tribune ANI News
- In 2021, his brother Ajaypal penned down a letter to the BJP leader Amit Shah for a speedy investigation in his brother’s murder case. He wrote,
The delay will be exploited by them and they might be able to dodge the investigation agency. So, I humbly solicit your intervention to expedite the process of bringing the gangsters arrested by the Delhi Police to Mohali so that the case can be taken to its logical conclusion. We have been pressing for a speedy investigation into the cold-blooded murder of Vicky and security cover for the family members as our life is under constant threat. We fear for our own lives and security cover hasn’t been provided despite repeated requests to authorities. Added to the fear to our lives I also strongly fear the loss of vital evidence as the masterminds of my brother’s murder can flee the nation. I also request His Excellency and Hon’ble CM of Punjab to instruct the investigating team to immediately arrest Shagundeep as his role needs to be investigated in the murder of my brother. There is circumstantial evidence against him. Even the singer’s role needs to be investigated aggressively. The inordinate delay will give them time to run away to escape the law.”
- Later, various justice marches were organised by SOI members and Vicky’s family.
A justice march for Vicky Middukhera
- On 29 May 2022, after Sidhu Moose Wala was shot dead in his native village, the Indian gangster Goldy Brar took responsibility for his murder. A Facebook post on the account of Goldy Brar reads,
Today, Moosewala was killed in Punjab, I, Sachin Bishnoi, Lawrence Bishnoi take the responsibility. It’s our work. Moosewala’s name surfaced in our brother Vikramjit Singh Middukhera and Gurlal Brar’s murder, but the Punjab Police did not take any action against him. We also came to know that Moosewala was also involved in the encounter of our associate Ankit Bhadu. Moosewala was working against us. Delhi Police had taken his name but Moosewala used his political power and saved his skin each time.”
Goldy Brar’s Facebook post about taking Vicky Middukhera’s revenge
|↑2||Facebook- Ajaypal Middukhera|
|↑3||The Times of India|
|↑4||Facebook- Ajaypal Middukhera|
|↑5||The Indian Express|