Age: 18 Years
Height: 5′ 9″
Profession: Table Tennis Player
|Profession||Table tennis player|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 175 cm
in meters– 1.75 m
in feet & inches– 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 60 kg
in pounds– 132 lbs
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• U-19 Boys Title at Dehradun National Ranking Tournament in January 2022
• Won cadet and sub-junior titles
|Date of Birth||Year, 2003|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Date of Death||17 April 2022|
|Place of Death||Shillong, Meghalaya, India|
|Age (at the time of death)||18 Years|
|Death Cause||Road accident The Hindu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Educational Qualification||FIrst year B.Com The News Minute|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Parents||Not much is known about his parents’ names or professions|
|Siblings||Vishwa had an elder sister whose name and profession have not yet been disclosed|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vishwa Deenadayalan
- Vishwa Deenadayalan was a budding Indian table tennis player who had represented his Table Tennis Association at several National and International level competitions. He was among the top U-19 table tennis players in India. He died on 17 April 2022, as the vehicle in which he was in collided head-on with a 12 wheeler truck, while he was en-route to Shillong, Meghalaya from Guwahati, Assam.
- Vishwa Deenadayalan was on his way to participate in the 83rd Senior National and Inter-state Table Tennis Competition at Shillong.
- Vishwa Deenadayalan had passed through tough competition in order to be selected for the Shillong squad. He defeated Malesh Kumar in the selection matches.
- Vishwa Deenadayalan’s dream was to be among the top 100 table tennis players in the world.
- As a young child, Vishwa Deenadayalan showed immense interest in the field of table tennis. His father had him enrolled in the Krishnaswamy Table Tennis Club at Chennai.
- In Vishwa’s formative years, he was extensively trained by two ace table tennis players, namely, Ramnath Prasad and Jai Prabhu Ram.
- Vishwa Deenadayalan’s performance during the table tennis championships was so good, that it earned him appreciation directly from India’s ace table tennis player, Sharath Kamal.
- Owing to his superior skills, Vishwa Deenadayalan was also selected to be a part of the Indian U-19 squad, to represent India in the World Table Tennis Youth Contender at Lenz. The tournament was to begin on 27 April 2022.
- In 2019, Vishwa Deenadayal along with his mixed doubles partner, Selena Deepthi, had reached the pre-quarters at Hyderabad Nationals. Sports Star
- Vishwa Deenadayal was a part of the Tamizhaga Table Tennis Association (TTTA) State men’s team and was to represent the association in Shillong.
- Several well-known personalities, such as PM Narendra Modi and Kiran Rijiju, presented their heartfelt condolences on the untimely death of Vishwa Deenadayalan,
Tweets of PM Narendra Modi and Kiren Rijiju
- The Meghalaya Table Tennis Association in an official statement said,
The Meghalaya Table Tennis Association is grieved by the sudden death of D Vishwa, a Tamil Nadu paddler who was on his way to Shillong to take part in the 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championship.”
- The Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Conrad Sangma, tweeted regarding the death of the young table tennis player.
Saddened to learn that Tamil Nadu paddler, Deenadayalan Vishwa passed away after an accident in Ri Bhoi District while on his way to Shillong to participate in the 83rd Senior National Table Tennis Championship in our State@ianuragthakur @KirenRijiju @mkstalin @CMOTamilnadu pic.twitter.com/sGvAc3eDhe
— Conrad Sangma (@SangmaConrad) April 17, 2022
- While giving an overview of the incident that took place on 17 April 2022, M. Nithyashree, TTTA women paddler said,
The entire TTTA (men & women) team left Guwahati airport on Sunday at around 12.30-1245 p.m. in three different cars. When our car reached the spot we saw our coach Jai Prabhu Ram and a few locals rescuing our paddlers from the accident spot. There were no injury signs on Vishwa. We shouted, screamed his name and hoped that he would open his eyes, but there was absolutely no response. Then a medical student or doctor even tried CPR. Then he was taken in an ambulance soon.” Sports Star
- In an interview, Vishwa Deenadayal’s coaches, R. Ramnath Prasad and Jai Prabhu Ram described his character as,
On the table, he was a very aggressive player and off it very humble. He was loved by everyone,”
|↑2||The News Minute|
|↑3, ↑4||Sports Star|